strappy sandals: forever21. skirt: gap. shirt: downeast basics. watch: target. faux pearls: don't recall.
Hey guys, it's Friend Friday! Today's topic is: outside influences. And, may I just preface today's post with: Before you read on, I'd like you to lower your expectations of my awesomeness, if that's even possible... lower... lowerrrrrr... There. Keep 'em right there. NOW you may continue.
1. What magazines do you subscribe to? I enjoy an occasional magazine. But, sadly, aside from church magazines, National Geographic for Kids, Lonny & TradHome e-magazines (free), Jr. LEGO Club (free), and the monthly American Girl catalog (which my 5-year-old fondly refers to as her "girl magazine"), I don't subscribe to any. Dunno why (oh, wait, yes I do: it's because I'm cheap).
2. Do you watch any fashion TV shows? I used to watch What Not To Wear and Project Runway, but we don't have those channels anymore. Because, as I mentioned already, I'm cheap. And I'm cheap because we're trying to save our pennies to do some major house reconstruction in the near future.
3. Beyond blogs, what websites do you frequent for fashion inspiration? None. Ohp, I lied--I check out the J.Crew website every so often. Heh.
4. Advertisements play a huge role in forming public opinion about a product or brand… what ads do you like and why? Hmm. None come immediately to mind, although I'll tell you which ones I despise: Old Navy's tv commercials. Most annoying specimens of cinematic advertising ever produced and/or aired.
5. Do you own any fashion books? Nope. But (*tangent alert*) 10 years ago for my wedding I was given an old book called "Any Bride Can Cook," published in about the 1950s. It.is.awesome. And hilarious.
p.s. Don't forget to enter this week's GIVEAWAY! No, seriously. It's awesome, and you'll want to enter.
p.p.s. Life is beautiful. And I'm constantly reminded of this in little ways. Like the carefully-thought-out scene I stumbled upon this morning in our basement kitchenette freezer:
My 6-year-old son has some mad problem solving skillz... and empathy.
Want this look? Check out the stuff below...