shoes: unionbay brand. jeans: old navy. shirt: american eagle. sweater & bracelet: downeast basics. watch: target. necklace & flower hair clip (which you can't see): gift.
1. Which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion inspiration? You guys are all not going to believe me, but I speak (type) the truth: I don't know squat about celebs in general. It's embarrassing, actually...but apparently not embarrassing enough that I change the fact. Heh. BUT that's not to say I get dressed in a bubble--I'm sure that certain celebs have sported (and, consequently, made "fashionable") some of the types of clothing I wear. I just don't know who they are or what the items were. Otherwise I'd for sure give them lip service. Which they probably wouldn't want from a celeb-noramous (celebrity + ignoramous) like me anyway. So I guess we all win...?
2. When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you? Comfort inspires me. Classic looks inspire me. Color combinations that I see in nature and home design inspire me. Ironic balance inspires me (i.e., fanciness + rusticity, chic + cozy, delicate + chunky, etc.). J.Crew inspires me. (Is that so base of me to admit? You guys. You know me by now that I'm here to keep it real. Take me or leave me, but don't doubt my frankness...unless I'm being sarcastic. Then you should all just ignore me.)
3. How do you hope to inspire your readers? I hope my readers see me as I am -- a normal girl who's got some kids and some clothes and who tries to have fun with getting dressed. I'm no fashion guru or model or anything of the like. Several of you are floored by that last statement, I'm sure, so I'll pause and let it sink in. [Editor's note: Kay, that's an example of sarcasm. Ignore and move on.]
4. Outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you? The simplistic part of me wants to say my husband (who is my rock and all things perfectly fitted for me) and home design (Celerie Kemble!). But if I were stranded on a desert island and had only one thing to be inspired by, it would be, without hesitation and all kidding aside, my Savior Jesus Christ. Which is a little heavy for this blog. So. With all due respect... I'll move on.
5. And since Idol is ending… Which songs inspire you? Holy incriminating. Okay, fine. John Denver's Annie's Song, Jon Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer, REO Speedwagon's In My Dreams, James Taylor's Shower the People you Love with Love (or whatever the title is), Moulin Rouge's Your Song (originally Elton John's, I think?), the Anne of Green Gables soundtrack, pretty much everything Karen Carpenter sang, and many others that I either can't think of or am too embarrassed because I feel totally granny-licious by the information I've already given you.
Want this look? Shop below...but get the jeans a bit big to do that covetable hip trick...