** Check out this post for an awesome way to build a totally customized, modest wedding gown...and save 10% with coupon code! **
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Just like they say in German: donkey-shins.
shoes: steve madden. skirt & shirt: gap. skirt extender: a slip shop. cardigan: don't recall (more than a decade old). turquoise necklace: forever21. silver necklace: earned.
I felt brighter/springier/fresher in this ensemble than these photos reflect. That's kind of becoming a pattern for me. Maybe I'm in denial about how my outfits actually come together? Hmm...
This week I'm grateful for:
- primary kids (3-12 years old) singing their hearts out.
- spending quality time with my husband. Like, one night we sat talking and looking out our living room windows at dusk after tucking the kids in...and before we both knew it, it was well into night-time. He makes me laugh and understands me and doesn't judge me and is my best friend. So cheesy, I know, and you can all roll your eyes, but in this weekly gratitude list, it must be said.
- electric beaters.
- food from a box that, actually, turns out delicious. Okay, fine, edible.
- an 80-cents-off-a-gallon surprise coupon at the gas pump.
- sometimes not jogging.
- my kids when they don't talk rudely. These moments are becoming sparser these days, so I'm particularly grateful when they do happen.
- the temple.
- big dreams.
- going to bed by 10:30 p.m. instead of 3:30 a.m.
- homemade oreos.
- house slippers.
- when my daughter compliments me, several times, on how "nice" or "cute" I look that day.
- creative outlets, like this blog and home design projects and grantwriting.