shoes: ebay (cato brand). skirt: american eagle. jacket: kohl's. watch: target. bracelet: burntsiena designs. belt & necklace: forever21. undershirt & flower pin: downeast basics.
Happy Mothers Day! For today's photo shoot, and as part of her celebratory contribution, my 5-year-old wanted to decide on the poses and have me copy them for each shot. She tried to trick me and would switch it up at the last second. A delightful and entertaining time, even if the photos themselves didn't turn out the best (it's super dark and grey outside, so the lighting is...how shall I say...crappy in my house).
This week I'm grateful for:
- lindor chocolate truffles.
- and, on a related note, Mothers Day. Specifically for the kidlets that make the celebration personal for me. And for my own mama.
- rocking chairs.
- weeks when kids aren't sick.
- the magic of a pinata and the joy in the eyes of every kid reaping its pummel-induced bounty.
- the public library.
- my husband. He is a fabulous component of humankind.
- wearing a tank top on my jog!!! (translation: it was warm enough this week. finally!)
- references to King of Queens. That show = hilar.
- talking girl-talk over delicious cake with 2 of my closest girlfriends for "20 minutes." An hour (and a half?) later...
- non-nasty toothpaste.
- books. A glorious stack of endless books that bespeaks giddiness when I get a chance to read them.