I almost didn't get dressed today, because it's going to get hot. Then I thought that all you peeps should be able to see an outfit that, although ineligible for any ground-breaking style awards, is perfect for a hot day at the zoo. So. Here.
shoes & jewelry: forever21. shorts: american eagle. shirt: j.crew. watch: target. ribbon belt: my daughter's hair accessories box.
Friend Friday! Today's topic is: (maybe) odd style-related things I like.
1. Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping? Yes. Previously, I mostly shopped clearance racks for whatever was cheap--like basic solid tees. Now I gravitate toward more prints, color, and stuff with unique detail. I'll pay more for something that fits well and that I love, because I'll actually wear it. (Unlike that floral muu-muu gathering mothballs in my dresser that was, like, $3. Worst $3 ever spent...)
2. Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that? Not necessarily. I notice that lots of times, moms (including myself) get into a style rut of, like, capris and tees and flip-flops during the summer. I try not to do that. But I have family and friends who are super stylish and also others who could care less, so I say to each his own and love 'em for it...as long as they share me a slice of their fruit pizza.
3. What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it? Stripes or bold color chunks in hair (including feathers), when tastefully done. I think it's funky and fun...but I'm way too old for it.
4. Looking at current trends – what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do? Large-scale neon color blocking. Yipes.
5. Toot someone’s horn – what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices? Love how Elaine wears totally "normal" stuff but in a unique, chic way. And Suze for her fearless color choices.
Want to go to the zoo on a hot day, too? Shop below...