Shoes: cato brand. skirt: j.crew. shirt: gap.
I kind of wore this yesterday to church. I mean, once again, the photo's pieced together from old ones. Yesterday, I wore a super-chunk necklace instead of the turquoise one you see here, though, and my tweed jacket almost made it into the mix on top of the lavendar shirt. Until I remembered it was, like, 14,000 degrees outside...about half of what it was INside (broken a/c at church). Realizing that, Mr. Tweed was happy to stay home with his spectacles, reading the newspaper, sipping his iced raspberry lemonade. Pulp-free, natch.
This week I'm grateful for:
- air conditioning.
- parents. Specifically, mine.
- cheerful children who listen to me and heed what I say with a smile and a response that goes along the lines of, "Mom, you're awesome and you always know best." (All I want is for them to be perfect...is that too much to ask?)
- when flooded basements can be dried out relatively quickly with minimal damage.
- and also, when basements DON'T flood. That's nice, too.
- my husband's cancelled business trip.
- the Internet. Is that a weird thing to be grateful for? So be it.
- fresh produce.
- ice cream.
- when I consume fresh produce and thereby, in my head, justify the heaping bowl-ful of ice cream. Ooops. But also...delish.
- improving my surroundings. And dreaming about more ways I can improve my surroundings. But having them be too expensive to actually carry out...so back to ye ol' dreaming board.