It should be a crime, wearing a knit drawstring-waist of a pajamas-esque maxi dress out in public. But it isn't. So I'm still an upstanding citizen...the dang comfiest citizen ever. Yessss.
mary jane heels: Mudd brand
abstract print dress: Gap
cardigan: J. Crew
I was nominated by cute Kimberly for a Liebster Award, and I'm totally honored. To receive said award, I'm supposed to spill a little about myself. Here are ten random facts about me:
1. I have six brothers and three sisters. One sister died as an infant; I've never met her.
2. I was deathly afraid of being kidnapped as a kid.
3. My eyes squint and look like they're closed when I smile big and/or laugh.
4. I discovered I'm not a pet person...shortly after having a pet.
5. I'm addicted to sugar. Other than that, I actually eat pretty healthily.
6. There are no fewer than three (and probably many more) times in my life when I almost literally died of mortification. The memories make me blush now, decades later.
7. I secretly want to author a book but feel like I have nothing to say.
8. I have five pierced holes in my ears from my younger years but now only wear earrings in two because the LDS prophet said to. And, deep down, I miss those three other earrings.
9. Geez, I have no idea. Ummm...I love steak. Medium-rare.
10. I fall asleep to late-night movies but can read all night.
Okay, so now that we're BFFs (and/or you're weirded out by me and are never visiting this slice of the cybersphere again), here are my answers to Kimberly's questions:
1. What was the best birthday celebration you've ever had?
My birthday is on Christmas Eve, which is every bit as big a bummer as it sounds, with so many other things going on at that time of year and on that day. I'm okay with it now, but growing up with this birthday was the worst!
2. What is one thing you can't leave the house without doing (excluding using the bathroom)?
Putting on shoes. And, yes, slippers count as shoes when I drive the kids to school.
3. If you were a kid, what would you dress up as for Halloween?
As a kid, I usually went with the easiest possible costumes - cowgirl, farmgirl, hobo(girl). Flannel shirt and jeans/overalls, BAM. Done. I'd probably do the same. Because I'm exciting like that.
4. All time favorite song, ever?
How Wonderful Life Is (That You're in the World), by Elton John
In My Dreams, by REO Speedwagon
and many songs by Pink Floyd
5. When you get home, do you stay in your outfit from being out/running errands/working or do you change into something cozy?
I'm like that law of physics - Once dressed, I stay dressed until something forces me to change. That's usually either exercise or bedtime. But, let's be honest, bedtime.
6. Name one makeup product (including the brand!) that you can't live without and tell us why.
I can live without makeup pretty easily. (Hello, family camping trips.) But for the sake of argument, I love waterproof mascara. Cover Girl.
7. What's your biggest pet peeve?
When people are on their phones in public for lengthy periods of time and completely ignoring their kids. Makes me sad for the kids.
8. Favorite junk food?
9. What is your most worn piece of clothing?
Pajamas. And jeans.
10. Favorite blog?
Little Green Notebook.
11. Tell us a guilty habit!
Reading a good book until it's finished, even if my house is a disaster and a meal needs to happen.