shoes: forever21. skirt: american eagle outfitters. shirt: don't recall. cardigan: gap. necklace: gift. watch: target.
This outfit was extremely comfortable and functional. I mean, look--I could even talk on the phone in it. (Because usually I wear stuff that doesn't allow for that kind of elbow-bendage or something? Please...)
Hey guys, it's Friend Friday! Today's topic is: goals, dreams, & aspirations. Aside from being able to decide what's for dinner every night (default: quesadillas. Guess how often we eat those guys?) (You may or may not have nailed it with "at least three times a week." I'll never tell), I have fairly simple aspirations.
1. Fess up - if you could do anything professionally what would it be? I've always had a dream of being a librarian. But lately I wish I had a natural knack for interior design. What a dream job that would be.
2. What draws you to this? Beautiful spaces are inspiring to me, and I'd love to be able to actually create those. Combining and balancing color, texture, pattern, layout...it's all so awesome when done right.
3. When did you first start dreaming about this ideal? Maybe a year or two ago. But...I think I've gone off the wrong track in answering these questions again. That's a dream of something I would love to do but don't necessarily have the talent/ability to do it. So. Wee clarification.
4. What's holding you back from going all in? Oh, let's see: my shortage of taste, vision, ability, and skill, just to name a few. And, when I'm not basking in the view of beautiful spaces, really, being a mom is my #1 thing. And, bonus, I can be "successful" in momhood even if my house looks like a pigsty or is a throwback to the 90s or is a one-room-dirt-floored shack. As long as there are fresh homemade sweet rolls available on occasion. So.
5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest... what's one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dream? I enjoy home design blogs and magazines and books. I enjoy fiddling around in the building I'm lucky enough to call home. And I can bake sweet rolls while doing it. I think I'm probably living my dream.
Want this look? Click on stuff below...