A Day in the Life Too... a blog about modest style

A 30-something mom's blog about modest style, DIY stuff, and limiting dessert. Just kidding. We eat dessert first around here.

** Check out this post for an awesome way to build a totally customized, modest wedding gown...and save 10% with coupon code! **

Sunday, August 14, 2011

does this skirt make me look domestic?

 shoes: steve madden. skirt: secondhand (old navy, but then altered by moi). shirt: gift/vintage. belt: forever21.

p.s. [Editor's note: Technically that stands for "post script," but I'm taking artistic license here and saying it stands for "pre script." Don't try this at home, though, kids. I'm a professional.] This skirt used to be this skirt, but because of its previous awkward/unflattering/frumpy length, and because I've worn it only once (ONCE!) since doing this blog, I re-hemmed it today to make it knee-length. I've been wanting a knee-length denim skirt (aside from my more formal denim pencil skirt) for a long time, and I think I'll get more mileage out of it this way. So. Pat me on the back and give me a popsicle, I guess.

This week I'm grateful for:

- classic (albeit cheesy) movies like "The Music Man" that I can and do start introducing to my children.
- a husband who comes home from a 2.5-day fishing trip unshaven, fulfilled, and happy to be home. And who also didn't get mauled by a mama bear when he & the guys spied a lone grizzly cub on the trail. Yipes...
- Campbell's chicken noodle soup for lunch. My kids love it. And I love Ms. Campbell for creating it. It's mmm-mmm-easy.
- Internet.
- Internet shopping.
- craigslist scores and the reupholstering/refinishing projects that ensue.
- having cute kids and taking the time to notice and appreciate their cuteness.
- chips-and-salsa as a snack.
- dishwashers. Specifically, mine.
- freshly shaved legs.
- my husband's employment.
- living in peace and (globally relative) prosperity. Believing in God. Enjoying good health. Being free. I'm so humbled to be so blessed.

Happy Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This skirt makes you look fabulous!
I'm also happy for being healthy..its the most importnat thing in our life! :)
xxx
Anastasia

Anonymous said...

You look sexy in that skirt!







Anonymous said...

Love to come on your skirt and top

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover